Don’t like the shiny look of your Baofeng UV-5RA? Neither do I. To me, the UV-5RA has always looked better than the UV-5R. The UV-5RA looks a little bit more professional to me. The only thing that I dislike is the shiny, grayish face plate it came with. But, that is an easy fix.
- Fine Grit Sandpaper
- Hex Screwdriver
- Flat Black Spray Paint
- Remove the four screws that hold the face plate.
- Sand the front of the face plate and remove the shiny coat it has.
- Rinse the face plate with water to remove all debris. Then dry.
- Once dry, spray even coats of Flat Black. I used Rustoleam Flat Black.
- Let out to dry for a couple of hours.
- Screw the face plate and there you have it.
This is a real easy mod and it adds a real “Pro Grade” look to your radio.